The first thing I do every day when I get to New Day (ok, probably after I turn on the heat) is to choose what oils I want to set the tone with that day. I love hearing “it smells great in here!” as you walk into the office.
I use many essential oils at New Day that contribute to what you smell when you walk in the door. But the #1 oil I diffuse DAILY at New Day, every day for the past two and a half years, has been Thieves blend.
Thieves is grounding, warm and spicy. When you close your eyes and think of the holidays and what the holiday season smells like, chances are it smells something like Thieves!
Thieves contains clove, lemon, cinnamon, rosemary, and eucaluyptus radiata essential oils.
Below are my two top tips for benefitting from Thieves!
Tip #1 Strengthen your immune system
You’re eating healthy, drinking water, exercising, and getting adjusted. What else can you be doing to support your health during cold and flu season?
The ingredients in Thieves activate and strengthen the immune system. Use topically (and you’ll smell great!), or diffuse, and you’ll absorb Thieves into the blood stream. Use internally for an extra punch that warms the body and helps break up mucous!
Try 1 drop of Thieves and 2 drops of Orange essential oil in some warm water to sip on in the morning when you get to work. This combo will help you stay hydrated, will keep your immune system strong, and is warming and soothing for the throat and sinuses.
Put a drop on the bottoms of your heels before you go to sleep at night to heal while you sleep.
Tip #2 Antibacterial and Cleaning
There are so many ways to use Thieves for cleaning and purifying. Here are my favorites.
- Add a drop to a large bowl of water and use to clean dirty vegetables
- Add 2 drops to a sink of dirty dishes to soak
- Add a drop to a wet cotton ball and clean the tops of your water bottles
- Add a drop to your tongue scraper– especially helpful if you’ve been sick or consuming dairy products
- Add a drop to a cotton ball and use to clean your flip flop sandals
- Add a drop to water in a spray bottle and use to deodorize the insides of shoes and boots