We are so grateful for who you are, the progress that you continue to make,
and the commitment you have made to your spinal health and wellness.
You are making the world a better place!
We honor you this month and thank you for being part of our New Day community!
Ellen S. has been in care with Dr. Katie since March 2018
Why I came to New Day:
I’ve always had an interest in holistic medicine and I’ve experienced many different holistic modalities including 3 three types of chiropractic and have benefited from them all in some way or another. The common theme was that what seems like little things can make a BIG difference in health and healing, e.g.:
– Thoughts were creating your world
– Learning to love and appreciate self
– Let go of what can’t control
– Attitude – have fun, make it fun
– Spend time outdoors – get a dose of Vitamin N (Nature)
I came to New Day and Dr. Katie initially via what felt like a circuitous route. At my first meeting of a women’s networking group (Women Belong), I met a woman who was visiting the group and we discovered we both went to Bodhi Spiritual Center. She invited me to a New Day’s networking event that night, and I rearranged my schedule so I could attend. I loved being with so many like-minded spirits.
The opportunity was offered for a free consultation with Dr. Katie in exchange for a donation to Friendship Pet Food Pantry. Sounded like a win-win to me as I was curious to learn more. I became very excited about NSA (Network Spinal Analysis) because I believe that everything in the body in connected to everything and I had never seen a modality that was so inclusive. My goal has always been: keep it simple. Thus, my reaction was, “Where do I sign?”
My chiropractic results:
Since becoming a practice member at New Day I have experienced many positive changes. . .
- Posture: immediate improvement after 1st visit that required a major adjustment of my rear view mirror; body continues to make ongoing automatic adjustments.
- Sleep: love my sleep which was good but got noticeably better – go to sleep quicker, stay asleep, sleep deeper and wake up in a state where I go seamlessly into meditation.
- Neck: neck has increased range of motion with no pain.
- Jaw: had a jaw that locked if I opened it too far, now can yawn full out.
- Focus: I have self-diagnosed as having a low level attention deficit disorder (ADD); now am focused for longer periods of time, and with ease.
Why I continue my care with Dr. Katie:
My plan is to continue with New Day and Dr. Katie into perpetuity. I recently discovered a chart detailing the role the spine plays in the body and I want to continue to reap the possible benefits until I depart this planet.
My passion and purpose:
I have moved from the Band Aid side of medicine (patching people up after they fall apart as an RN) to the prevention side because I discovered a way to help folks bridge the gap between what they do eat and what they should eat.
I jumped in with both feet with Juice Plus, both personally and with starting my own business with them. I wanted to share with others about the importance of good health because I recognized most of western medicine is eliminating symptoms rather than focusing on the cause, or even treating the cause. People aren’t always having their source of their “problems” addressed and good nutrition is essential to the foundation of good health. What I learned is that often times people “don’t heal they conceal,” and I want to help them understand the possibilities of a healthy diet, through Juice Plus.
Just like Juice Plus, my NSA sessions with Dr. Katie are an important part of my healthy lifestyle. From years of experiences as an RN I have come to totally believe that good health is our greatest wealth. Without it everything else in our life becomes devalued. And prevention is the key!
– Ellen S., Chicago, IL